# Seeing Eye Robots
An initiative to leverage technology to do good for humanity, empowering the blind or visually impaired community to thrive in the digital era.
# Current Status
Using a commercially available and programmable robot, temi, we are able to develop it into an indoor seeing eye companion.
# Pros and Cons
- Democratizes robotics, enabling underrepresented groups to benefit from the rapid advancements of the field.
- Great showcase of tech for good.
- Some concepts and components that this project entails can be transferable to other innovations.
- If development and testing go according to plan, a seeing eye robot can eventually relieve some seeing eye dogs of guiding duties, which we — as human beings — are not sure if the dogs want them in the first place.
- We still have a long way to go before we reach a version that can safely replace a seeing eye dog.
# First Created